In 1906, architect A. Raymond Raff was contracted to plan an addition that almost doubled the size of the building, easily expanding it by replication of the modular bays. One bay was added to the 2nd Street elevation and two on the Girard Avenue side. By 1912, the success of the bank endorsed two further bays worth of expansion to 1207 & 1209 2nd Street. Eventually, after years of abusive alterations which compromised historical integrity and damaged its structure both inside and out, the building was abandoned.
Restored and renovated to its original use, the 11,000 square foot brick building serves as the Corporate Headquarters and first branch of Hyperion Bank, a community bank organized to serve the business and residential community in this revitalized neighborhood which borders on Kensington and Northern Liberties and is experiencing its own renaissance.”
Via PhilaPlace/Historical Society of Pennsylvania