Chas. A. Smith. Barbers Supplies was established in 1866 at the southwest corner of Jefferson and North Randolph streets. The u-shaped factory buildings are adorned with several windows, smokestacks, skylights, and signage including one reading “Barber’s Furniture and Supplies.”
This advertisement, created in 1880, features several pedestrians, wagons, and horse-drawn carriages against the backdrop of a very different Philadelphia skyline.
Photo created by Wells & Hope Co., courtesy of the Free Library of Philadelphia.